Are you a buy to let investor or property dealer or developer?
Not that long ago, buying a second, third or even a huge portfolio of properties was a very sensible investment. It was said, “no investment is more solid than bricks and mortar”.
However, changes in tax allowances, what can be claimed as costs and the fairly new “allowance claims” for commercial properties has made this once simple investment more complicated.
Property tax is a bit of maze and we can advise you on issues such as...
- Tax reduction strategies for rental income
- What is a repair and tax deductible and what is capital and not
- When to use a Limited Company to save tax
- Trading income versus Capital Gain considerations and advice
- Capital Gains rollover and holdover considerations
- Stamp duty planning
- Tax efficient mortgage structures
- VAT considerations of property deals
- Making the most of the Principal Private Residence election
- Tax issues on the sale of part of your residence
- Second homes
- Inheritance Tax angles
We have huge experience and expertise in ensuring the tax burden of owning properties is minimised, and in the case of commercial properties, how tax liabilities can be removed for years or a susbstantial tax rebate gained.